Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2008, 05:28 AM   #187 (permalink)
Seltzer
Fish in the percolator!

1) Are you basically optimistic or pessimistic?
That's quite hard to say really. I'd say I'm cynical and realistic but not pessimistic. However, by modern standards, cynicism is considered pessimism.

2) Name three things you consider yourself to be very good at and three things you consider yourself to be very bad at.
Good at academia in general, being lazy, cricket.

Bad at cooking, breathing and being normal. And woodwork/drawing.

3) What is a personality trait in others that really irritates you?
It was ignorance until I realised that practically everyone considers everyone else ignorant in some way when you consider that ignorance by definition isn't meant to be used as an insult - 'ignotas' means 'unknown', 'unacquainted' in Latin and isn't necessarily derogatory. It simply means one doesn't know something.

My point is that there are so many facets of the world that even the most inquisitive person will not be able to cover everything in their lifetime and will appear ignorant in the eyes of another person who has a different career/interests to that person. I'm ignorant of politics and current events but I am quite knowledgeable in other areas. It's really not a bad thing.

But feigning knowledge of something while being vastly ignorant as a charlatan would, isn't exactly a pleasant trait. I'd say close-mindedness is probably my most despised trait though.

4) Do people tell you that you act older, younger, or your age?
Older.

5) When you die, would you rather be buried or cremated?
Buried most likely.

6) Did America really put a man on the moon?
No idea. I'm leaning towards yes.