Music Banter - View Single Post - the von bondies
Thread: the von bondies
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2008, 04:47 AM   #7 (permalink)
adidasss
Slavic gay sauce

Wow, it's been a while since I listened to this band. So, it's been 4 years since they've made the fantastic Pawn Shoppe Heart and then fell off the face of the earth. They have an EP out called We are kamikazes aiming straight for your heart and they have an album out this year titled Love, Hate And Then There’s You. They've also gone through some major line up changes so only Jason Stollsteimer is left as the singer and Don Blum on drums, but I figure no big deal since they are what makes this band so great.

Anyway, I've just listened to the EP and to my great surprise, they've changed their sound considerably. There's not much left of the dirty, raw garage rock, they've decided to gloss up the production and go a bit more melodic rock with some new wave influences (at least on Pale bride). Seeing as how I'm a pop-whore and a new-wave aficionado this can be good. Obviously, Stollsteimer has a knack for making catchy pop-rock tunes. I'll have to wait and see though, I was a major fan of Pawn Shoppe Heart and that howling rock sound...compared to that, this EP seems like some sort of practical joke.

I'm looking forward to the album, and reminiscing over the good old days when they were like the second coming of Christ.

Last.fm
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote