Music Banter - View Single Post - Pop, is it corporate garbage or does it have it's merits?
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2008, 04:36 AM   #24 (permalink)
adidasss
Slavic gay sauce

^^The Smiths were also a pop band, but I don't think we need to name alternatives to mainstream pop to justify the artistic merits of the sound.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainard Jalen View Post
Oomph. You say the music is stripped of emotions. That is strictly interpretational. How the hell are you supposed to gauge whether or not the artist is sincere with regard to the content he/she is conveying in the lyrics? Also, musical sounds do not contain emotion. Whether or not they convey the emotion of the artist is, once again, entirely interpretational.
I disagree, musical sounds do contain emotion. But I think the boy has trouble understanding that not everyone is an angsty teenager who needs to vent and/or rebel via aggressive music.

As far as the artistic value of mainstream pop, try to write a song that millions of people will enjoy and then get back to us. It's a lot harder than writing a death metal song...

Last.fm

Last edited by adidasss; 04-02-2008 at 04:43 AM.
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote