Music Banter - View Single Post - Isn't 'Pop-Punk' an oxy moron?
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2008, 02:21 PM   #88 (permalink)
adidasss
Slavic gay sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oomph! View Post
Was anyone in this forum around back then who might know for a fact why it's called what it's called? I can't imagine this is something that needs to be interpreted.
It's not, you could Google it and come to the same results I did. Or you could be the troll that you are and refuse to accept any explanation that doesn't agree with your preconceptions and flawed logic.

Quote:
The closer you sound to the ramones the more 'punk' you are.
I haven't actually read anything of the sort. That would be like concluding that since Elvis is one of the first rock and roll artists, the more you sound like him the more "rock" you are. Which is kind of daft.

The fact that some punk artists later pursued a rougher sound, doesn't mean other punk artists that remain closer to the original sound are any less punk.
Quote:
And he then said that because the Ramones are pop-punk and punk at the same time, pop-punk cannot be a crossover genre. Although he later told me that pop-punk is not the same thing as punk.
I believe the NO was aimed at the question posed in the thread title. Let's not play dumb now...

Last.fm
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote