Music Banter - View Single Post - Isn't 'Pop-Punk' an oxy moron?
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2008, 02:46 PM   #89 (permalink)
Oomph!
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss View Post
It's not, you could Google it and come to the same results I did. Or you could be the troll that you are and refuse to accept any explanation that doesn't agree with your preconceptions and flawed logic.
punk music - Information from Reference.com

Quote:
Punk rock bands, eschewing the perceived excesses of mainstream 1970s rock, created fast, hard music, typically with short songs, stripped-down instrumentation and often political or nihilistic lyrics. The associated punk subculture expresses youthful rebellion and is characterized by distinctive clothing styles, a variety of anti-authoritarian ideologies, and a DIY (do it yourself) attitude.
Quote:
By the turn of the century, new pop punk bands such as Green Day were bringing the genre widespread popularity decades after its inception.
-----------------

Quote:
I haven't actually read anything of the sort. That would be like concluding that since Elvis is one of the first rock and roll artists, the more you sound like him the more "rock" you are. Which is kind of daft.
That's what quill said, not me.

Quote:
I believe the NO was aimed at the question posed in the thread title. Let's not play dumb now...
No, if you actually took a moment and read back to those posts, you'd realize he was reffering to the question "Is punk the same thing as pop-punk". Good try though.
Oomph! is offline   Reply With Quote