Music Banter - View Single Post - I need to buy a guitar within the next few days: Which GIBSON?
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2008, 02:45 PM   #35 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

right, but you're trying to paint their entire brand as shoddy based on a screenshots of 2 guitars and a couple of forum posts. consider the thousands of guitars they produce over a year. the big screw ups will be griped about online. the lesser ones, not so much.

should i flip out and start a thread because there's a blob of paint that's a little thicker around the edge of the binding on my ESP? of course not. while it's unfortunate your friend chose to get himself a bad model (as opposed to just ending up with a bad guitar) it's not like you're seeing routing issues on every gibson in the shop.

ideally it shouldn't happen. realistically it's how large corporations have developed over the last few decades. it's most definitely not specific to gibson or instrument manufacturers. people want it NOW they don't want to wait for quality, hell most people don't want to wait until they can afford it. a SMALL minority still do, but as i've said before. if you want real quality, you'll have to pay the price and be patient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote