Music Banter - View Single Post - Foo Fighters
Thread: Foo Fighters
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2008, 12:06 AM   #117 (permalink)
Dr_Rez
Registered Jimmy Rustler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
Because is mindless radio power chord rock that every band and their mothers can make and do make. It's such banal music I don't see why someone would have trouble comprehending someone saying it sucks.
When you say every band and there mothers can make, i think hmmm, why arnt they then? Simple many bands can physically recreate or play other bands music, but not come up with the ideas for catchy pop songs like Dave Grohl does.

You judge his work completely wrong. he is not in it to make a deep, meaningful album like many artists you enjoy. <-(take Elliot Smith for example) He simply has fun making the catchy fun pop songs and enjoys playing them, and having many people listen to them.

And before responding to that saying but its mindless radio power chord rock, i don't see to many others making as catchy, as fun songs as him. There is a reason he is on top right now.

his music is not my favorite, but i also do not believe it has to be meaningful, completely different and inventive to be good either. he is simply very good at making (as iv said multiple times now) catchy fun pop songs.

Another band i would put in the same place as him would be The Offspring, they are by no means skillful and inventive musicians, but have the same goal as grohl. Making there music almost a joke, so that people listening and the band themselves will have fun with it.
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote