Music Banter - View Single Post - Foo Fighters
Thread: Foo Fighters
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2008, 01:48 PM   #129 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

I should really get back to my original point. I don't think Dave Grohl keeps proving who the most talented member of Nirvana was because his songwriting leaves so much to be desired compared to Kurt's. Even RezZ a fan has admitted they don't make inventive music and while Nirvana didn't either at least they were doing something different from what was making money at the time and Kurt Cobain really didn't care so much about pleasing the masses with Nirvana as Grohl does with the Foo Fighters. I mean he could've easily made Nevermind part 2 but instead he delivered In Utero and even fought his record company (though sadly lost) for the mixing to stay the way Albini had had it which probably wouldn't have pleased all the hair metal fans gone grunge.

I also think In Utero is a far superior album to anything Grohl's written and I'm mad hungry right now so if someone wants me to expand on this too I will.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote