Music Banter - View Single Post - Pop, is it corporate garbage or does it have it's merits?
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2008, 07:00 PM   #76 (permalink)
Rainard Jalen
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss View Post
This has got to be the funnies shit I've heard all day. I think Germany is easily the most America-obsessed European country.
True story! Especially from the 50s through to the onset of the 90s - the generality of West Germans pretty much saw themselves as Americans.

Oh, and OOMPH~!, about "I Want To Hold Your Hand", even those simple early Beatles lyrics contain more poignancy and real human emotion that REAL human beings care about than that rubbish you posted from Godsmack.

And as for THIS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oomph
They usually are more intelligent than thier oblivious, preppy little counterparts, who are more concerned about Laguna Beach than economics and politics.
I think this is the most revealing thing you've written on the boards. It's exactly the point. Your taste for pseudo-intellectual "deep" metal, with all its cliches and redundancies, is part of you A: hating the rest of the normal world, and B: feeling you're rebelling against the world somehow by being "more intelligent" and being conscious of the "things that really do matter" as other people are supposedly not. What a load of angsty nonsense. Go get a real hobby or something. Or rather, live with the prescience that in about 5 years time you will, no offense, look back and think "I was a total blinkin' idiot."

Last edited by Rainard Jalen; 04-05-2008 at 07:07 PM.
Rainard Jalen is offline   Reply With Quote