Music Banter - View Single Post - College Vs. Pro Sports?
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2008, 09:20 PM   #10 (permalink)
Miltamec Soundsquinaez
Aural melody discerner

I truly enjoy professional sports much more than college, although it's close with the NBA, and NCAA.
College baseball equals- I don't know why, but it's just not good
I vowed to quit watching football altogether.

I disagree with several posts on here by Oojay and LesPaul43. Oojay, why do you automatically think that just because the NFL players make a ton of money means that that's all they're playing for? I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but all those other college players would be in the NFL, if only they were good enough.
When people think that all professional athletes are money hungry jerks, they seem to have forgotten that with very few exceptions, they were all in college, too. The Pros are just gathering all of the very best of those same college players, and putting them in a more competitive, more talented league. I don't see why people have a problem with that.
LesPaul43, I also have to disagree with you, because, while NCAA is generally more up-tempo, and exciting right now, the NBA really picks up energy around playoff time. In fact, I hate to say it, but a lot of teams are just coasting along, and storing up energy for their playoff runs. However, I do think that the vast majority of all pros absolutely love what they do, and would still be doing it if they were making around 40k per year.
Miltamec Soundsquinaez is offline   Reply With Quote