Music Banter - View Single Post - Pop, is it corporate garbage or does it have it's merits?
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2008, 04:30 AM   #84 (permalink)
Oomph!
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainard Jalen View Post
lozzz. If you think you're not going to look back on yourself in 5 years time and think you were an idiot, then you are truly foolish. Everybody looks back on themselves 5 years later and thinks they were a fool, even people who were not snotty little jaded and mocked pseudo-intellectuals who release their nervous tensions and anger through listening to mass-produced extreme metal garbage.
Maybe in 5 years you will look back at this post of yours and realize how foolish you were.

Quote:
No, what adidasss was saying was a FACT! Get that? F.A.C.T! As in, the truth. After the Second World War, West Germany was based around a sort of collective amnesia characterized by an unwillingness to indulge in any sort of talk regarding the existence of the Nazi regime. The result of this was that Germans growing up in the period had pretty much no access to recent German culture or history. Needing to identify with something, the circumstances in question led to their entire sense of culture coming to be dominated by American culture.

I really don't know why I waste my time telling interesting and valuable pieces of information to your likes. You're the sort who thinks they can't learn a thing. Go back to your garbage mass-produced Godsmack.
This isn't the 1940's anymore buddy. Germany has long since regained thier identity and ability to not associate with America. Like most modern Europians I'm sure they mostly actually resent us.

Oomph is not some America fanboy, nothing in thier lyrics is 'American' what-so-ever. Just get over it.
Oomph! is offline   Reply With Quote