Music Banter - View Single Post - New amp.....New pedal
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2008, 03:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

i you want lots of effects but don't specifically know what kind or combination then go with another multi effects unit. if you like zoom that's ok, BOSS is generally considered tops but you usually have to pay a bit more. personally i'll be sticking with my suitcase of used pedals.

what kind of cable do you need for your amp? a regular instrument cable shouldn't cost more than $10-$15 depending on length. if you're talking power cable you might want to check the specifications of the amp on the fender page to figure out exactly what it needs. neither should be hard to find.

most major amp manufacturer's will offer something in your price range. usually a small combo with a 10" speaker.

here's 115 choices in your price range... Musician's Friend - Search Results

i'd also recommend going AGAINST getting a stack in that price range. you'll get more use from a combo, it'll also be easier to transport if you want to play with friends or small bars.

it's kind of pointless for someone who doesn't know you or the style of music you play to make specific recommendations about pieces of gear. the best thing you can do is go to your local music store and try them out and see which one sounds best to you for the style you like. there are quite a few fender and vox amps in that price range, a couple of marshalls, randalls, and peaveys too. they're all decent amps but they all provide different tones, especially the ones with built in effects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote