Music Banter - View Single Post - Crystal Castles
Thread: Crystal Castles
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2008, 07:26 PM   #22 (permalink)
Expletive Deleted
Dancing Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss View Post
Jesus, you people just can't admit to being wrong. Unless you've actually lived here a few years, I'm betting you don't really know the status electronic music has. I live in a town of 200 thousand and it has many more clubs that play electronic music than rock. The only artists that come here are electro acts...we even have a whole festival of electronic music. And this is just Croatia, the fucking backwater. I can't even imagine what they have going on in Germany or France.

So pretty please, admit you exaggerated, just this once...?
Maybe if you'd read my post more carefully you'd know that we were talking about Electro House, and not Electronic music is a whole. Hey, no **** Germany probably has more clubs in Berlin than all of California combined, but we're talking about one specific sub-genre, that happens to be more popular here than practically anywhere else. I mean, Justice came to LA 5 times in 6 months. Where outside of Paris would that ever occur (and I don't think it even happened there).

Besides, most Europeans seem to forget that House and Techno were invented here. Croatia probably wouldn't have ANY electronic festival if it weren't for Chicago and Detroit.
Expletive Deleted is offline   Reply With Quote