Music Banter - View Single Post - Pop, is it corporate garbage or does it have it's merits?
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2008, 05:08 PM   #118 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oomph! View Post
Now Crowquill knows me personally...

The difference between myself and them is they are rebelling against the 'cool kids' and I am appling critical thaught to religion, politics and philosophy using reasoning and rationality to come to conclusions that may contradict traditional memes and practices.

They are not rebelling against the corporate machine like they may believe they are, they buy thier little wallets and saftypinned badges with band logos, and they buy into the whole goth/rebel image (this transcends bands of course), I do not. I am not a spender, I save about 95% of my paycheck, I'm not some materialist slave like they are.

I don't wear all black, I have no label at all and I fit into no 'group', not even the gothy rebels. I have some friends in each group, and I mostly have friend that like me have no 'group', I'm truly the anti-social one not them.
I find it hard to believe a Godsmack fan is "rebelling against the corporate machine" but whining about pop on an internet forum.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote