Music Banter - View Single Post - Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band, oh boy.
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008, 03:38 PM   #13 (permalink)
Davey Moore
The Great Disappearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molecules View Post
I think the main offender as far as Ringo songs go has to be 'Don't Pass Me By' on the White Album. It's just so mediocre... at least Octopus' Garden has that intro.

oh yeah and what is it they're singing at the beginning of 'With A Little Help...'? I always thought it sounded like 'give me cheese'...

Do 'Magical Mystery Tour' next please Mr. Moore, I demand it! 'There's a fog upon L.A...'
They are introducing a guy, Billy Shears, the "singer" of the band. Many conspiracy theorists see connections to the supposed death of Paul McCartney to that, since the supposed guy replacing him was a guy named William. Worked as a police officer in Canada, won a Paul look-a-like contest. This connects to a line in She Came In Through The Bathroom Window on Abbey Road, "And so I quit the police department, and got myself a steady job." Anyway, I'm rambling.

"So let me introduce to you, the one and only Billy Shears, of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band........Biiiiilllllyyy Sheeeeaarrrrs"