Music Banter - View Single Post - Pop, is it corporate garbage or does it have it's merits?
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008, 03:08 PM   #167 (permalink)
Oomph!
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piss Me Off View Post
Thats not the point, the point is the artists themselves didn't directly give permission for it to be made.
At some point or another the band had to give permission to someone to make thier merchandise. And please don't confuse me I'm not saying Crass is corporate sell out I'm simply juxtapositioning them against Oomph to show that simply having some little trinkets of merchandice does not = selling out.

Quote:
I don't know much about Crass, but what i do know is that they didn't have an image for selling purposes. There's a difference between giving someone the idea and actually physically giving someone the product.
I agree but the same is true for Oomph, if thier label wants to manufacture merch so be it, but the band themselves are not compromising thier music for things like MTV, or to be in the background of commercials or to be covered by 'Kidz Bop' or to be played during American Idol or to be mass downloaded as a ringtone (.99c a piece or something) or to be put on NOW music CDs or what not.

Ok, one time Oomph let the German soccer team use one of thier songs as thier entrance theme, and they also made a song for AVP2, which was a side project, and that's the entire extent of thier music going outside of thier albums commercially. That's it.
Oomph! is offline   Reply With Quote