Music Banter - View Single Post - Pop, is it corporate garbage or does it have it's merits?
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008, 03:36 PM   #179 (permalink)
Oomph!
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piss Me Off View Post
Like its been said before, once the band have split up the label can do what they want with the image and allow merchandise to be made.
Listen this is getting off topic and it's hair splitting, I'm not calling Crass corporate I'm saying simply having merchandice (trinkets might I add) does not make them sell outs.

Quote:
They allowed one of the songs to be used as an entrance theme for a NATIONAL football team. Thats a hell of a lot of exposure, eh? Not having a dig or anything but thats the same as letting NOW put one of their songs on their CD's, loads of people are going to hear it either way.
That doesn't mean they compromised thier music in order to get exposure or generate sales. If they are going out of thier way to sell then why are they only 'considerably popular' in thier biggest market, Germany, and in the US no one's heard of them? They have the ability to make corporate music and be just like the bands we are talking about and clearly they chose not to. These motherfuckers know how to use a synthesizer (and they are quite good at it), they could make little catchy pop rock songs if they wanted to but they don't.

What recognition they have they earned from genuine fans, in fact they deserve even more than they have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post
Dear oh dear i'll reply to that when i've stopped laughing.
I look forward to it.
Oomph! is offline   Reply With Quote