Music Banter - View Single Post - What's your Favourite EDM genre?
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008, 06:04 PM   #19 (permalink)
Molecules
daddy don't

Happy hardcore, gabber or any hardcore of the last decade actually IS the pounding monotone of the forthcoming apocalypse to anyone with any sort of musical taste. Force-drip me all the MD, speed and ket (hell, throw some ****ing acid in there) you want but it would still just be mindless pillhead bollocks. One entire year of being awoken at 7.30 on the dot, by a 'hardcore til I die' MORNING PERSON flatmate was enough for me thankyou very ****ing much. keep it old skool ****s. oops I ranted.
by means of demonstration...

1992, golden era gurnfest, before free-parties were made illegal in this country. curtains, better drugs (in their minds these people are dancing like Michael Jackson) and loose fitting clothes

Hixxy, one of the main offenders of nu-hardcore and chav-idol. Note the cheesy piano and vocal, this is what they all sound like without exception... Same 'euphoric' drop, vomit-inducing lyrics (invariably rhyming 'high' with 'sky' or something), annoying 170bpm rhythm thatis **** for dancing (?)

Let's not forget the lame hardcore scratching, which long-since braindead ravers will insist is what makes a good DJ. WANKERS.

what i LIKE, i can't be bothered to list but psytrance is grabbing me still - progressive, layered, great to dance to, psychedelic and euphoric without being patronising toss. check out Infected Mushoom for starters innit. It's the son of acid house

[SIZE="1"]Eff em
tumble her

Last edited by Molecules; 04-09-2008 at 06:15 PM.
Molecules is offline   Reply With Quote