Music Banter - View Single Post - Pop, is it corporate garbage or does it have it's merits?
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 01:49 PM   #213 (permalink)
Oomph!
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
no it's not. you're claiming that because you care about your tastes that they're superior to those who you believe don't.
Your twisting it in all sorts of unnatural angles now. Firstly, I said I care about music and they don't, not that I care about my 'tastes' and they don't. Secondly, someone admitted that people who listen to mainstream don't care about thier music that much so it's not really my belief it's his (this whole thing is a response to him saying that you know)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piss Me Off View Post
Haha way to generalise. Lets be fair though, anybody could say argue the other way round against you. Perhaps people who listen to 'mainstream' music have more of a passion for music since listening to such music introduces them to a wide range of styles covering pop, rock, soul, funk, dance, electro blah blah blah. Meanwhile you're sat there just listening to metal, afraid to explore any more genres because you're afraid of looking like a 'sheep'. Way to go.

Do what you want, but if you're asking me you're missing out on some great music.
The only problem with that is, I don't just listen to metal. I just don't listen to mainstream crap.
Oomph! is offline   Reply With Quote