Music Banter - View Single Post - Pop, is it corporate garbage or does it have it's merits?
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 02:34 PM   #221 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oomph! View Post
What's is up with people on this site acting like they know me? No mr dave, I don't care about music because that's the only thing I have to do. I have a job, school, I have a life like everyone else.

I said that my tastes were better IN RESPONSE to the person saying people who listen don't care as much about music, and for no other reason and I was reffering to nothing else but that.
but you started off today by saying your tastes weren't better than anyone else's. that it was your passion that distinguished you.

this is what seems to be your major stumbling block. you're acting like music is quantifiable entity, as if there's an accepted definition of what it is and that an increased passion for that definition somehow elevates your tastes above the mainstream listener. in order for that to be valid and true you'll have to provide us with a definition of music that everyone can accept. problem being, i already have my own, and i really don't think you're going to be able to change it.

and UH - what can i say.... i like a challenge? haha (what was that 2nd video?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote