Music Banter - View Single Post - Les Rythmes Digitales
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2008, 05:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
Expletive Deleted
Dancing Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss View Post
Really? Who would you compare LRD to today? Do any of them have any "music makes you lose control" lyrics?
I'd compare them to pretty much any Electro House group, the Ed Banger kind as well as the more popular Axwell/Ingrosso/etc. variety. Take a look at Simian Mobile Disco, Calvin Harris, Mylo, etc. and they're all basically LRD lite. Not to mention more minimal producers like Prosumer, Dixon, etc. getting closer and closer to this sound (see: Deep House's sudden popularity).

Quote:
Then early Chicago house must have made a particular impact on the late 80's early 90's dance music because I certainly do see similarities...
There are similarities in all music, dance or otherwise, I just don't really see how a vocal sample and some 80s-style synth makes this cheesy early 90s dance and not Daft Punk-style French House (which is what he was going for).

Quote:
It doesn't have a particularly big beat?*unsure*
Incidentally, wasn't Groove armada chillout/lounge in the 90's?
"Hey You What's That Sound" and "Jacques Your Body" don't have Big Beats? They're more disco than the early 90s rave-influenced Big Beat, but they could be played alongside practically any Big Beat group and I doubt anyone would really complain. Big Beat isn't all rock-style anthems.

Groove Armada were more Trip-Hop, but the genre was pretty closely tied to Big Beat anyway, at least in mainstream culture.
Expletive Deleted is offline   Reply With Quote