Music Banter - View Single Post - I am an uneducated American who supports the war for no good reason
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 12:07 PM   #67 (permalink)
Zombeels
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator View Post
Every single poll ever conducted? So you are telling me that the Iraqi's I spoke to were lying because your poll says so? I will admit that my friends dealt mostly with Iraqi's that were allowed within U.S. controlled ares so the opinions they got were slewed.
Well you answered most of your question. Also if an armed US soldier asks an Iraqi asks them a question about the invasion/occupation the Iraqi will most likely give a positive response from fear of reprisal.
Quote:
Many polls are taken from specific groups achieving a slewed result.
But this is not one or a few polls. This is many. I also have links to many more.
Quote:
The majority of civilians killed as a direct result of U.S. action were killed by splash damage from bombing. This does not change the fact that most civilian deaths in Iraq have been caused by insurgent actions. The last I checked car bombs and roadside bombs were not in the U.S. arsenal.
Where are your sources to show the deaths attributed to the actions of the insurgents have surpassed the deaths caused by the US forces? Also keep in mind the insurgency is a direct result of US policy.
Quote:
Explain why. How are they not the same. Because you choose to ignore the similar points? They are more alike than you seem to think.
Nazi Germany was a world power, Iraq wasn't a threat to anyone. How are they alike?
Quote:
Thank you for posting this link, I will be reading it for a while. I did notice that the front page is rather biased. When I dug a bit deeper, I found that the results were not as simple as it initially seemed.
Did you expect some pro-Bush or Pro-war site to post this. This is a site that posts all the data on polls with reference to Iraq. Where's the bias? They make no comments or opinions on them.
Quote:
Finally, after 7 pages, somebody actually address what I posted first. Somebody actually voiced an opinion about my first post.

Where was our right interfering in Europe during WW1 or WW2? We were attacked by Japan, our war was in the Pacific. What about Korea? The list goes on.

Turning a blind eye was what allowed Nazi Germany to gain so much ground before we stepped in to help. Turning a blind eye is what allowed Nazi Germany to murder 10 million Jews. Turning a blind eye is what allowed Japan to murder 17 million "lesser" Asians. History repeats itself when ignored.
You need to decide whether you are going to discuss Iraq or WW2.

Last edited by Zombeels; 04-15-2008 at 02:19 PM.
Zombeels is offline   Reply With Quote