Music Banter - View Single Post - Hate Crimes
Thread: Hate Crimes
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 02:55 PM   #185 (permalink)
adidasss
Slavic gay sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayfarer View Post
I don't see how it does damage to an entire group of people. I mean, say some white guy shoots a black guy in Carolina simply because he's black - how is that doing any damage to black people in Vancouver? They'll more than likely never even know the homicide took place.

A crime is a crime. One's motivations behind committing a crime are irrelevant, especially considering the fact that they can't always be accurately unearthed.
When they can be unearthed is when they are punished. Also, unless that black person is the only black person in Carolina and Carolina doesn't have any newspapers or TV stations, others most certainly will find out about such a crime, and it will send a message of intolerance between black and white people furthering the divide and mistrust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unfan View Post
No more damage than any other threat, but threats aren't considered hate crimes. Thats even assuming you're trying to quantify it as a threat, which I fail to see what else you could be trying to quantify it as.
What?

Last.fm

Last edited by adidasss; 04-24-2009 at 03:07 AM.
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote