Music Banter - View Single Post - Christian Jesus Metal
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2008, 08:29 AM   #23 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voice_of_the_Soul12,13,01 View Post
Well, music is about expressing yourself, beliefs and all. Separating it from Christianity kind of contradicts the purpose of music.
you're first half is fair, you're second half is not.

i don't think you'll find anyone to argue against music in modern society being about personal expression (although on this site there might be some who would just for spite).

but your 2nd statement is bogus. it seems you're implying the purpose of music is to promote personal expression AND christianity and should not be separated.

no one here has said religion couldn't be part of music, only that within modern contexts it usually sucks - A LOT. it's only really been the last century or two that music for the masses has truly become secular in an overwhelming fashion. but i really believe the switch from sacred to secular has far more to do with advancements in technology than anything else.

i think crowquill nails it as far as why average people in today's society don't bother with religious music. it's lame formulaic dreck that fails to distract from the ham fisted sermonizing posturing as lyrics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote