Music Banter - View Single Post - The Soul Cellar
Thread: The Soul Cellar
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2008, 07:28 PM   #10 (permalink)
wydchr
Groupie

Yeah that's because I'm working night shift out on this here oil platform

Not trying to bull you up here but I must say that your knowledge of Northern Soul is the reason I joined these forums after reading the thread you started which was dedicated to the genre. I have been a Soul/NS fan since the (very) late sixties when I was still at school and have continued to enjoy the records to this day. I did have quite a collection of singles and did some deejaying in the 70's but my ex-wife sold them (probably for much less than they were worth) after we split up some years ago... which was some kind of retribution for her I guess and I know I should've taken them with me!
I do like many other kinds of music but early Motown, Northern soul and soul records remain among my favourites.

As for contributing more to this thread, well I am very rusty as I don't get out to clubs these days, remembering artists and pairing their names to song titles is a challenge now and that's why I find your comments so refreshing and informative as they help me to remember so keep up the good work