Music Banter - View Single Post - Talkin' Bob Dylan
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2008, 03:24 PM   #75 (permalink)
Davey Moore
The Great Disappearer

Bob Dylan is a big ****ing deal to me. His early stuff is so genius. In the earlier days, with just his acoustic guitar and harmonica, he was brilliant live, not so much in the studio. The reverse is true with his electric songs, they are really good in the studio, but not so much live. His voice is perfect for his songs. To me, it sounds stupid to sing a Bob Dylan song with a good voice. You need to have a raggedy voice that has a conviction behind it. His stuff at Newport is some of the best performances I've ever seen

Listen to these performances:
YouTube - Bob Dylan - Chimes of Freedom 1964 live
YouTube - bob dylan - only a pawn in their game (newport 63') 6/16 <=== If you didn't like the song on the album, this performance will change it.
YouTube - Bob Dylan Live 1964 - 105 Who Killed Davey Moore?
YouTube - Bob Dylan - It's Alright Ma (I'm Only Bleeding) <== I love how he almost looks at the audience with a sort of contempt.
YouTube - bob dylan - blowin' in the wind (newport 63') 7/16 <--- Best rendition of this song