Music Banter - View Single Post - Want to Impress Your Friends? Or have them think you're a total loser?
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2008, 08:15 AM   #7 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

96. Talkdemonic "Beat Romantic"

I don't really know how to describe this band, they kind of have this similar vibe to some of those stringed post-rock groups like Belle Orchestre but at the same time have this acoustic guitar with beats Sans Arc thing going on. Just listen.
Favorite Song: Bering
MySpace.com - talkdemonic - Portland, Oregon - www.myspace.com/talkdemonicmusicmaking

95. Get Him Eat Him "Arms Down"

Fun and nice guys who have such a great ear for pop. This is probably what early Hellogoodbye would've sounded like if they were more masculine, but only slightly more masculine. I love how the synthesizers sound just because they're so oddly and uniquely used. This band also sounds like a better and more unique version of some trendy indie-pop band I really can't think of.
Favorite Song: Push and Pull
MySpace.com - Get Him Eat Him - PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Indie / Powerpop / New Wave - www.myspace.com/gethimeathim

94. Joy Wants Eternity "You Who Pretend to Sleep"

I hate doing this with post-rock bands I really do but everyones heard of Explosions in the Sky and they embody so many post-rock features its hard not to compare every band to them. Joy Wants Eternity are post-rock in the ways of Explosions in the Sky and they have this brilliant way of keeping your attention throughout their album which many post-rock bands seem to be unable to do.
Favorite Song: From Embrace To Embrace
MySpace.com - joy wants eternity - SEATTLE, WASHINGTON - Experimental / Indie / Ambient - www.myspace.com/joywantseternity

93. Boom Bip "Seed to Sun"

The hip hop Boards of Canada, that's right. I said the hip hop Boards of Electronica.
Favorite Song: Pulse All Over
MySpace.com - boom bip - Echo Park, California - Electro / Alternative / IDM - www.myspace.com/boombip
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote