Music Banter - View Single Post - For the right reasons
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2008, 12:20 PM   #13 (permalink)
Piss Me Off
Moodswings n' Roundabouts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog View Post
As for Mr. Dave's last point there, i've been trying unsuccessfully to say that for years.

But speaking of "what people will think of you", to both of you i'd suggest that its at least subconciously what you're doing with this question. Too often on these forums we get ripped apart with the argument "well that isn't true because [example A] is an exception to that" and then we go about discussing much of nothing.

But I'm not asking to discuss any given bands reasons for writing, think more abstractly. If a band who stole every move in the book from someone else, would they be writing music, in your opinion for the right reasons.

Ignore what they think, or that its ambigous, or subjective, or irrelevent.

I'm asking you. Can someone with no original ideas be considered just as right in your opinion, as an originator.

This will likely ruin it all but lets say for example (and please don't drag these acts into the discussion), could a Black Crows be as artisticlly correct as a David Bowie?
Well there's nothing wrong with it, so yes. Obviously original ideas are more preferable but you can't say a band are wrong without them.

Last FM
Rate Yr Music
Muxtape
Piss Me Off is offline   Reply With Quote