Music Banter - View Single Post - For the right reasons
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2008, 01:14 PM   #15 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog View Post
Making music is a discussion we rightfully have here on a regular basis. But the philosophys behind it are vast and we often attribute degrees of acheivement based on those personal views.

Here's the question. When creating music, we often give credit to musicians for doing it for "the right reasons." We salute the originators here quite often, and condem the follows, but should we condem them as vehemently as we do. Musicians (used loosly) inspired by other music are certainly "doing it for the right reasons", aren't they?

After I read the Nickleback review the other day, I was thinking "well at least they don't piss and moan like Eddie Vedder does whenever he sees a concert with a mosh pit or hears a vocalist with a baratone. If a musician (of any stripe) is focused enough to bitch in print about something else going on in music, does this render them more superficial and less music oriented for the right reasons?

As much as you may detest anyones music, if their performing for their own love of the art, shouldn't we be more accepting of that, regardless of taste?
Wow, you actually have a point.

I hate when people say a band sucks and then justify it with "they're only in it for the money" which is just pure bullsh*t speculation based on nothing. You don't know what goes through a musicians head, weither they care about the music or not, it dosen't matter, what matters is what the music means to you.

So if there are people who are actually moved by the music of Nickelback then more power to them, dosen't mean you can't still mock Nickelback.

I have no problem with criticism but what I do have a problem with is thats all some people do, its an annoying habit on this forum especially that so many people feel compelled to start sh*t on a thread specifically for a band they don't like.

Since such threads should be for discussions between actual fans, I consider it trolling. Every damn thread EVERY F*CKING ONE OF THEM thats devoted to a certain band, its always reduced to stupid (and pointless) arguments between people that like them and people that don't, preventing fans from having friendly and helpful discussions because they're constantly interupted.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.

Last edited by boo boo; 04-20-2008 at 01:19 PM.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote