Music Banter - View Single Post - I am an uneducated American who supports the war for no good reason
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2008, 03:59 PM   #81 (permalink)
Zombeels
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator View Post
An editorial with no citations.
Did you see who it was written by. The top CIA analyst during the Iran-Iraq war.
My third link was supposed to be this one.
Quote:
immediately after the battle the United States Defense Intelligence Agency investigated and produced a classified report, which it circulated within the intelligence community on a need-to-know basis. That study asserted that it was Iranian gas that killed the Kurds, not Iraqi gas.

The agency did find that each side used gas against the other in the battle around Halabja. The condition of the dead Kurds' bodies, however, indicated they had been killed with a blood agent - that is, a cyanide-based gas - which Iran was known to use. The Iraqis, who are thought to have used mustard gas in the battle, are not known to have possessed blood agents at the time.

These facts have long been in the public domain but, extraordinarily, as often as the Halabja affair is cited, they are rarely mentioned.
There is more information out there.
WPONAC: Iran's Chemical Weapon Program

Now I'm not saying who is responsible. I'm just saying you had the guy that you say was responsible but charges were dropped and he was conveniently killed before it was brought to trial.