Music Banter - View Single Post - NHL Thread
Thread: NHL Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2008, 05:47 PM   #115 (permalink)
Nosmada
Holding Back The River

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayfarer View Post
Similarly, now, they can just ice the puck.

And it wouldn't be "really slow". Christ, how long have you even been watching hockey? It wasn't drastically slower back in 1997 than it is now. If anything, it was more enjoyable to watch back then because the game was far more rounded and wasn't essentially all about goal scoring.
The game back then, and even father back was a game of clutching and grabbing, and elbows, and everything. Go watch espn classic games, its so amazing the things that people commit, and get away with it, it tottally changes the game slowing it down so much, and limiting the ability for indivduals to show their talent.

the new goalie trapizoid, really opens up the game to be faster, before the dump and chase type of game could be cancelled out by a good puck playing goalie (turco), now teams can succesfully establish a dump and chase, and start a cycle game.

Me personally, i like the new nhl, i think. There are alot of phantom calls, i agree, but now with the new system, there is no more wayne gretzky high sticking doug gilmour, in the clarence cambel finals.
Nosmada is offline   Reply With Quote