Music Banter - View Single Post - Isn't 'Pop-Punk' an oxy moron?
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2008, 07:21 PM   #154 (permalink)
Oomph!
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
Please explain to me then how the Arctic Monkeys became one of the most successful bands in Britain without having had their album even finished (nothing to buy for them.)
I just said it is possible to be popular without selling things. I really don't give a s*** how the arctic monkeys became sucessful before they sold thier album, it's besides the point. They probably released a single first or something.

Quote:
No they're not, especially hasty generalizations that you don't have any evidence behind.
Yes I DO have evidence, I posted 3 sources (2 if you don't care for wiki) and I could give you more if you'd like.

Quote:
Unless of course you can provide me with a list of every pop musician and then give evidence proving they were in it for the money.
ALL YOU DO is make generalizations and baseless judegements, I don't think I care to hear it from you.

Quote:
Originally posted by Crowquill
You're no different from every angsty middle schooler who spends their afternoons loitering in hot topic.
Quote:
He doesn't actually like punk, he likes pantera and stuff.
Quote:
Obviously you don't either. You listen to generic nu-metal.
Quote:
Yeah those spikey haired twats in black probably aren't aware of them. They were most likely just copying their lyrics from some other nu-metal band.
Quote:
Once again, read the definition. You're contradicting yourself.
It isn't contradicting.

Quote:
See that word? Most, not all.
Can't you read? I just said that I am speaking of the genre IN GENERAL, which translates to MOST, not ALL.

Quote:
I fail to see how that doesn't disprove the whole you can't be popular without sales argument seeing as its fairly obvious they didn't give much of a damn about sales if they gave you a free option.
A. Ok, so I guess you really can't read. I didn't say "You can't be popular without sales". I said "You can't sell without popularity"

B. They SOLD the album, not in a traditional way but they did. People PAYED MONEY to PURCHASE the album, and they then collected on a PROFIT.

Quote:
Yet you've been saying things like "all pop musicians this" and "all pop" that,
Further proof you can't read. I never siad ALL pop musicians this nor "ALL pop that.

I said "pop musicians this" and "pop musicians that"

Quote:
Being played on the radio doesn't earn you money
It's called 'advertising', and oh yes, it does make you money.

Quote:
You don't earn money because your album was reviewed positively in a magazine,
It boosts your sales, yes it does.

Quote:
you don't earn money because your song was played on the radio, you don't earn money because an influential music review site talked about you. There's tons of instances of popularity that don't earn a band money.
Never said popularity automatically garnishes sales, I said popularity is required to garnish (allot) of sales, again with the illeteracy.

Quote:
Speaking in general and just speaking of artists like Britney Spears and Nsync are two different things.
Just some of the biggest purely-pop, mainstream acts of all time....

Quote:
No I'm not going to run around google to please you. I'm going to actually argue because I actually have formed MY OWN opinion on this and I have MY OWN reasons/logic/facts to back it up. It's also pretty rich you dodged explaining who your two sources were.
Ok fine, me too, so don't criticize me when I make **** up to sound correct and then ask for evidence or sources....
Oomph! is offline   Reply With Quote