Music Banter - View Single Post - A compilation of my very own,....
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 08:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
savannah
afrocentric

1: spinning around the moon - cory morrow
from one of the vets of the texas music scene, spinning was unexpected on his last album, but its become one of my favorites

2: nobody's girl - reckless kelly
i've been a reckless kelly fan since jr high when my best friend's older sister used to listen to them all the time,.....nobody's girl has become my unofficial theme song, causein me to drink large amounts of alcohol and danceing like a banchie anytime i hear it

3: half of my mistakes - radney foster
radney has been the words behind many of nashville's hit makers,.....under rated and under played, mistakes is my favorite of his

4: mood to burn bridges - neko case
with a haunting voice and sharp witt, neko is a favorite in the alt country world, where woman are not exactly welcomed

5: resurrection - wade bowen
great live shows has built his following, and nashville is starting to take notice,.....i saw a video on 'the edge of country' the other night and was alittle shocked

6: loney lubbock lights - aaron watson
aaron is a country purest, his shows are always full of waltzes and texas swing,.......makes me want to buy new boots

7: mexican sky - cross candian ragweed
this was written by the less notable scott evans,......and while i like ragweeds version, scott's is better, i just couldnt find it

8: love - roger creager
sounds like that first cold beer you crack open after a break up, with your friends

9: merry go round - brandon rhyder
sums things up

10: big mistake - adam hood
sounds like that first beer you crack open after a break up, by yourself

11: sunrise - ryan bingham
though it sounds like there's gravel in his voice, this track makes me want to drive on a sunny day,......and have no destination

12: everytime i roll the dice - delbert mcclinton
classic delbert

13: good friends - hayes carll
dubed the next todd snider,......always funny, sometimes to a fault, and heart heartbreakingly so,.....

14: proud souls - jason boland
often covered on the circut, this was boland's first 'hit' and one i think everyone can identify with,......caution, bourbon might be needed to listen to this

15: loving that girl : scott miller and the common wealth
party music with a brain

16: crow - matt powell
matt has always played in other peoples bands, this is a track off of his first solo album,......

17: saints in the twilight - mike mcclure
my current obsession (besides the wood brothers)

18: kelly comes to town - rich otoole
just a fun song, i think we all know 'kelly'

19: righteously - lucinda williams
i didnt think i could do an alt country comp without some lucinda,....

20: road to nash vegas - dan tyminski and ron block
most people will know dan from 'man of constant sorrow' on the o brother where art thou soundtrack,....he also plays in union station,....both of these guys are amazing guitarist,.....i was lucky enough to see them at the cross roads guitar fest a few years ago, and can safely say they were one of my favorite moments,.....

21: gringo honeymoon - robert earl keen
cant not have some keen

22: luckiest man - the wood brothers
also my current obsession

2shared - download country list.zip

all that time, wasted
i wish i was a little more delicate
i wish my
i wish my
i wish my
i wish my
i wish my name was clementine - sarah jaffe