Music Banter - View Single Post - Isn't 'Pop-Punk' an oxy moron?
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 01:16 PM   #161 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oomph! View Post
I'm not saying you need sales to be popular I'm saying you need to be popular to sell.
Yeah I wasn't claiming otherwise but that would make selling a factor of popularity.

Quote:
Yes I have told you my 2 sources, I quoted them and cited them properly, If you've never heard of them that's your problem, google 'em up or something.
Yeah I did I didn't come up with much and none of it was related to music. Quit dodging who your sources were, if they're so credible you shouldn't be so embarrassed to say who they were should you?

Quote:
No it implies 'In general".

"Christians are foolish", that's a generalization, which means i'm speaking of them in general. I'm speaking of a group, not a specific entitiy or object.
General - Definitions from Dictionary.com

"of or pertaining to all persons or things belonging to a group or category: a general meeting of the employees."

The dictionary disagrees with you oh so smart one.

Quote:
This falls into the category of being popular without selling, I've adressed this above so let's stop wasting time splitting hairs on this.
Which would make selling a biproduct of popularity which kind of debunks your point doesn't it?

Quote:
I repeat: It implies "In general".
I repeat, the dictionary>you.

Quote:
Ok......so it gives you sales indirectly. People read a positive review which assures them it's a good album and they feel compelled to buy it. So.....what's your point?
That you don't make money off of album reviews...quite simple?

Quote:
Shoddy spelling > shoddy reading comprehention.
lol comprehension*

Quote:
It represents modern, mainstream pop in general, which is what I'm reffering to.
Nsync broke up six years ago they don't really represent anything modern do they? As for Britney Spears I think its unfair to set her as the bar for pop music seeing as the media thinks shes nothing but a joke now.

Quote:
If I remember correctly, I started this thread, I started this argument, you are debating my point, and my point (which started as a question) is:

Notice the usage of the PRESENT TENSE. That's what I've been using in all of my points. I'm not talking about the 60's I'm talking about THIS era of time.
If you're going to discuss a genre of music you have to discuss its history and when its history was very pop-punk then it comes into play. Why is this such a hard concept for you to grasp? We we're discussing the 70s anyway, not the 60s. Once again showing your ignorance.

Quote:
If someone said "Americans are fat", they aren't talking about the colonial age or the industrial revolution, obviously, and they are also talking about Americans in general, it's NOT implied that they explicitly are reffering to ALL Americans.
Um...I don't see how past/present references comes into play here at all...but the dictionary still disagrees with you that general doesn't mean all..so yeah...
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote