Music Banter - View Single Post - SebastiAn
Thread: SebastiAn
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2008, 09:25 PM   #11 (permalink)
Expletive Deleted
Dancing Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
Although my views on Justice are well known, their tracks fitted perfectly in the mix. The sound quality is superb too. I want to get the RATM remix as a stand alone track too.
The RATM remix was released as "Killing In The Name Of Sebastian." And the sound quality is so good because the promoters who threw the party recorded it themselves and posted it on their website. Check out Pig Radio. They also run a really nice magazine, if you speak Italian.

That mix has a pretty good tracklisting (at the time quite a few of those tracks were unreleased or rarely, if ever, played), but the mixing itself is really terrible. Trainwrecking all over the place, it's almost unlistenable.

Really, as a producer he's great (or he was, "Dog" and his new EP are awful), but his DJing is shoddy at best. I've seen him several times and he was only really better than average once, but then I recently heard a rumor that apparently he's started pre-mixing his sets and faking it live. If it's true it's really disappointing, if it isn't then I guess he's gotten a lot better through practice.
Expletive Deleted is offline   Reply With Quote