Music Banter - View Single Post - Tool/A Perfect Circle
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2008, 03:40 PM   #345 (permalink)
Miltamec Soundsquinaez
Aural melody discerner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainard Jalen View Post
I wasn't suggesting that Maynard is any sort of pseudo-intellectual. On the contrary, he isn't. He just writes about things that personally take his interest, obviously. I think Maynard's lyrical work was always quite honest, though I must say that I never felt much sincerity was emanating from that awful 10,000 Days LP, with its cliché-laden nonsense.
I don't really see what you consider cliche laden about it. Maynard does delve into politics on The Pot, but other than that he sings about people watching too much T.V. on Vicariously. On Wings for Marie he continues to disagree with organized religion, while at the same time mourning his mother's passing. On Rosetta Stoned he talks about an LSD induced alien abduction. Danny Carey tries out a drum kit, they sing about de-evolution, and they still play in unusual time signatures. I admit it is probably their worst album, but I'm not really sure what you want them to do, create an album that somehow creates everlasting peace and harmony on this planet?
Miltamec Soundsquinaez is offline   Reply With Quote