Music Banter - View Single Post - Tool/A Perfect Circle
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2008, 05:30 AM   #350 (permalink)
Dr_Rez
Registered Jimmy Rustler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUsed2lguy View Post
I like how the band described their method of creating a song. They talk about just being in a room together, and finding a comfort level with each other, and respecting everyone's individual space. It gives them a creative freedom that really shows in their music. Anyway, as I was saying, Adam Jones may play a lick or two on his guitar, and they all begin to jam, and just see what it morphs into from there. It's like instead of sitting around having political arguments about the song structure, they send each other messages with their own instruments, and I think when you're a tight-knit group, like they are, they're able to really respond to that subtlety, and make the process work.
Actually...I dont think we have a clue how they make there music. Same with almost all other musicians. if you have done it before it is not something easily described and understood by others. I am not putting you down, just realize the fact that no matter how much it is explained one can not begin to understand how someone else goes about creating music.
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote