Music Banter - View Single Post - Media Bias
Thread: Media Bias
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2008, 04:43 PM   #37 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUsed2lguy View Post
I don't think in all cases the people are necessarily dumb, but they're extremely R wing, and hold fast to their ideas, and thus, want to believe everything they are told.
and that generalization is different from me saying that most 'free' thinkers aren't necessarily blind idealists but they're extremely L wing, hold fast to their views, and thus want to not believe anything they say how?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUsed2lguy View Post
As for the last part of your post, it's hard not to be intrigued by a network that draws such huge ratings. The network doesn't just reveal that it lies constantly, but also its popularity reveals that we are becoming dumber and dumber as a society. It concerns me, but as you've made it clear: It doesn't concern you. We'll continue to become more brainless, and mind-controlled, like the society in 1984, without ever objecting. That's apparently what you would like, if I am to interpret your posts correctly.
how is it that tv ratings are indicative of social intelligence? broad generalizations about how things should be concern me, from both the left and right wings.

you say i want to be controlled, whatever. what's a free society supposed to look like? what's government supposed to be? I control myself, my shortcomings are my own, my wants are my own, same as my needs, and I am the one responsible for them. i don't think my crap smells good enough to go around dictating to people to open up their minds because they listen to news i don't particularly agree with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote