Music Banter - View Single Post - Cat Power : Jukebox
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2008, 05:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Bane of your existence
Such That

Haha, I'm not trying to bust your balls or anything. I'm glad to see you've come around and she's grown on you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post

I didn't really like this at all, it was repetitive electric guitar plucking with not too striking backing instruments and a good voice, but thats the only good thing to be honest. It would've been nicer if it was slightly more varied in pace or instrumentation, like Colors And The Kids is a decent song and so is Cross Bones Style. The end of Moonshiner when she broke out was was okay, but the part leading up to it sucked. I thought the lyrics could be the saving grace here so I read through the words and discovered they weren't. To me it just came across as its menstrual bitching about being sad placed over dull guitar parts.

Maybe the Greatest Will be better, its name implies it would be, and I hope she at least keeps her titles honest. I mean she called herself Cat Power, and her music has the power of a tiny little cat, which isn't much, but it's just enough to knock a vase over or keep you awake when you're trying to sleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
Thats right I made a bad pun to finish my review.

The added instruments actually did wonders, however this album made me discover i'm not a fan of her voice or this blues jazz soul thing shes doing. This really isn't "The Greatest", and I have a feeling I could make another pun to finish that statement but I think one bad Cat Power pun is enough for today.