Music Banter - View Single Post - NBA thread
Thread: NBA thread
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2008, 09:23 AM   #101 (permalink)
joderu95
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by matious View Post
Its being played well, but its hardly entertaining.
I agree. Or at least I agree that it is being played well when compared to how well you or I could play or an NBA team vs. a college team. Its ability to entertain me has gone way done in the last 15 years. There are very few great shooters like there used to be. It's a league of slashers and dunkers and you do need those guys, but it would be more fun to watch with some more really great shooters on the floor. And there are some rule changes that should at least be experimented with.

1. Move the 3-pt. line in to college distance. Now college is moving it out, why? Whatever they decide it should be the same between college and the NBA.
2. Let the defense camp in the key as long as they damn well want, it's called a zone (not allowing this defeats the purpose of the zone in the first place).
3. Why do players have to foul out? It is the only sport where this happens. Change the rule so that after 5 or 6 fouls the other team gets two shots and the ball or three shots and the ball but don't send the guy out for the rest of the game.
4. I am not sure if this is the case or not because I almost never watch the NBA anymore but get that semi-circle under the basket painted on every court if it's not already. This gives the referee a reference point to determine where charges can be taken.