Music Banter - View Single Post - Gun crime
Thread: Gun crime
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2008, 09:27 AM   #5 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

i commented in the other thread before seeing this one so i'll reiterate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the unfan
Inspired by a point in another thread where it was mentioned that Canada has stricter gun control as evidenced by their lower crime rate.
this is false. a simple google search will prove otherwise. citing the juristat (a canadian provider of justice related statistics) and FBI as of 2002 there were 1000 incidents of violent crime in canada per 100 000 citizens as compared to roughly 500 in the US.

stricter gun laws but double the violent crime rate.... hmmm.... yesterday i read about stabbings outside a mall in ontario middle of the afternoon 2 people dead 1 in hospital. 2 weeks ago a senior got stabbed to death in the parking lot after having lunch with his wife. people don't need guns to be violent.

unfortunately for the bulk of the population living outside of urban areas who would use guns for hunting or protecting their crops / livestock from natural predators (coyotes / wolves / bears); they're the ones getting shafted with excessive registration fees for the valid and legitimate use of firearms. all so a bunch of bleeding hearts in the big cities can think they've taken a bite out of gun crime.... handguns (for strictly personal use) have NEVER been legal in canada, but i can only recall one incident in the last few years where a rifle was used over a pistol in a gun crime. it's not to say individual's can't have pistols but they need 2 licenses and need to be registered with an approved government organization or gun club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the unfan
The problem is that the people who want to do harmful things with guns are the kind of people who have no moral qualms from taking illegal action to do so. By disarming those with good intentions those with bad intentions who don't mine using illegal means to get what they want end up with easier prey.
absolutely 100% agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote