Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2008, 08:44 AM   #699 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainard Jalen View Post
See, to me the experimentation of all three of those bands is one hell of a lot more interesting than any 90s/00s prog I've ever come across.

A lot of proggies scorn and belittle indie music for supposedly not being innovative or compositionally complex enough. I think the truth is entirely the opposite: there is much more creative and inventive experimentation within music within the indie scene of the last 10 years or so than there has been within either the prog or metal scene of the same time span.
I disagree. Prog was pretty MIA in the 80s and was just starting to come around again in the 90s. But even though its not often reported, prog is back and healthy again now. And I think theres a lot of great stuff now.

Indie pretty much ruled the 90s and was great in the 80s too. But I think Indie is way too overexposed now, and right now prog has a lot better stuff to offer as far as I'm concerned. The Mars Volta, Porcupine Tree, Ozric Tentacles, Spocks Beard, Flower Kings, Battles, Kayo Dot, Sleepytime Gorilla Museum, The Fall of Troy, Godspeed You!!! Black Emperor, Isis. Overall this is a lot more interesting and musically stimulating to me than todays Indie scene.

HEY. Thats an unpopular opinion, good thing I posted that here eh?

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.

Last edited by boo boo; 05-02-2008 at 09:16 AM.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote