Music Banter - View Single Post - Most Unlikely to be President
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2008, 08:08 PM   #17 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUsed2lguy View Post
Well, Mormons are more closely associated with being here than those others.
Although, I wouldn't see how a qualified candidate who was Muslim or Hindu would be any less qualified.
And I get sick of all these people calling into talk radio shows saying, "He's a Muslim," referring to Barrack Obama, or his pastor. It obviously isn't true, and if it was true, I don't see anything wrong with that. They're constantly using it in an inflaming, derogatory way.
I'm not saying I agree with it at all or anything like that in fact I disagree but I've seen (many) Americans confuse Islam/Muslim/Terrorist before. I mean the fact they use it in a derogatory manner and no one says "Who cares?" just "He's not" really does say alot in itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
Apparently Barack Obama supports homosexuality, though. Not sure where I read that.
A good deal of christians do too and the bible never says "kill homosexuals" or anything but there's a huge difference between supporting something and being something. If you were to be something like that you'd probably (at least in the current acceptance climate) find yourself less welcome than if you just supported it. I've seen homophobia pretty daily and some people (mostly religious wackos) are still pretty avidly against it. I mean in the 50s/60s/70s people we're still fighting for black/woman rights the idea of a black/woman president would've been considered completely crazy. Homosexuals are fighting for their rights now and it's a pretty similar idea.