Music Banter - View Single Post - Why are people fat?
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2008, 02:46 AM   #16 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

CNN.com - Transcripts

I thought some of you might find this interesting. John Schneider talks about being the fat kid and how someone sitting him down and saying "you're not going to be an actor if you're fat" motivated him to be skinny.

Here's that bit:

Quote:
SCHNEIDER: Nine in the morning. He said, you know, you're really fat, John. You're fat. And I said, so look, everybody -- there's a lot of people around here. You know, there's not many Franco Columboes (ph) at Six Flags. So, everybody's fat. And he said, yes, but you tell me you want to be an actor. You tell me you want to be...

KING: Oh, you did want to be an actor.

SCHNEIDER: I started when I was eight years old. So, you tell me you want to be this person that's on television and the movies. How many fat people -- this is 1976 -- how many fat movie stars can you name? And I'd go hmmm. And he said, and let's face it, you already played all the Zero Mostel (ph) roles. In theater you can, because I had done, "A Funny Thing Happened on The Way To The Forum."
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote