Music Banter - View Single Post - MB's Most Wanted
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2008, 06:38 PM   #493 (permalink)
Inuzuka Skysword
Existential Egoist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molecules View Post
i can't get my head around torrents. seeds and all that malarkey. i don't want the clash discography in five million hours anyway. Music blogs/amazon = the way forward
Find a better tracker like Isohunt and get a good client like utorrent. utorrent, like other great torrent clients, allows you to pick the files you want to download in a bulk torrent so you can download each album individually off of the massive seeded torrent. I downloaded a clash album in like 10 minutes off of Isohunt because it was seeded well. utorrent is better then every client because it offers you great features and doesn't rape your computer of RAM. Azureus is really good and probably has the most features, but you pretty much can't do **** on your comp while downloading.

And if you can't understand torrenting then you have a problem. It isn't complicated at all. You have seeders, people that only upload, and leaches who download off of seeders and other leaches. It isn't complicated at all. The most annoying thing about torrenting is when you join a community over the internet and they want the title of your torrent to have like 500 bajillion specifications. That is probably why I don't upload as much as I should. If somebody told me what all the **** ment then maybe I would do it, but I don't feel like asking on a forum and getting 500 answers. I would rather an expert, who has the time, tell me.
Inuzuka Skysword is offline   Reply With Quote