Music Banter - View Single Post - Sailboats
Thread: Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 05:26 PM   #20 (permalink)
alliteration
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcassiusx View Post
I know We Are The Colossus. Not to be an ass, but they're kind of ****s, or at least one of the guys. I heard they broke up as of last night.

I don't have a CLUE why Sailboats gets jocked so hard. Besides having a cool intro on one song, I think they're just past the point of mediocre on their 2 songs.
trust me, you're not the only one who thinks that about them. for the most part, i don't really know any of them very well, i just know their one guitarist is a pretty nice guy. musically, they're ok...i guess they rip off lion of the north quite a bit, but whatever. and i had no idea they broke up, but then again, ariadne's thread has been exiled from midwest DIY scene, so i wouldn't know anyhow.

totally agree about sailboats. behind trees is a solid tune, but outside of that, its nothing to **** your pants about. loma prieta's new cd certainly is though. it has to be one of my favorite screamo releases out there.

also, what is with all these screamo bands? they tour europe more than they tour the states, which is absolutely ludicrous. hey loma prieta, the us beats the pants off krautland anyday. seriously. its like "hey, lets never play michigan, but go play shows in switzerland."
alliteration is offline   Reply With Quote