Music Banter - View Single Post - Bands you would love if they had a different vocal style/vocalist
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2008, 06:51 PM   #29 (permalink)
Seltzer
Fish in the percolator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comus View Post
Black metal vocals are awesome.

But overall, vocals are not a big thing for me, they can be incredibly impressive, but if the vocals are the only thing bad with the music, then you're a failure for not listening to it.
Yeah, I don't place a very high priority on vocals, but that's not to say that I don't like them. Point being, that I can like a band if I hate the vocals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
And I might like Dream Theater if they replaced their singer, and Petrucci. Those two are the big problem I have with Dream Theater. Seriously I don't like Petrucci, I couldn't even get into Liquid Tension Experiment and Tony Levin is probably my favorite bassist ever.

Myung and Rudess are great musicians too but they both have better projects than Dream Theater.
I don't like Portnoy's work in Dream Theater really - it seems like he has a "I never met a fill I didn't like" style as someone on progarchives described it.

As a bassist, I think Myung is brilliant though. He exercises far more restraint than anyone in the band.