Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2008, 10:18 PM   #980 (permalink)
Oomph!
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seltzer View Post
So you're saying that regardless of how well his basslines are written, the bass isn't loud enough for you because it's relatively less prevalent?
More or less, yes. Bass, along with the drums, effectively drives your rythm, it creates a layer of sound. Bass isn't the only aspect I was reffering to though.

Quote:
Well that is due to the recording technique of the time really, and refusing to acknowledge music due to an older recording style is like dismissing all foreign movies just because you can't be bothered reading subtitles.
That was a poor simile, I don't see how dissmissing a movie bacause you don't understand the language it's in has anything to do with music being lame.

Quote:
I mean, heaven forbid there should be music which isn't absolutely sodden and dripping in bass frequences to placate the current generation. Heaven forbid someone should actually have to make some effort and use their ears to hear a bassline.
If you have to strain yourself to make out the bass, you can't concentrate on the rest of the song.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy jack fire drill View Post
The Beatles were not lame.
Thier music was

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayfarer View Post

Okay, scientifically prove how the Beatles are, objectively, a lame band. And try not to dodge it this time, yeah?
I didn't 'dodge' it, in fact I've already explained it in this very thread just pages ago.
Oomph! is offline   Reply With Quote