Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2008, 10:40 PM   #986 (permalink)
Oomph!
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seltzer View Post
It wasn't poor - let me explain it if you don't get it. People nowadays are accustomed to having their music drenched in bass because that placates the people of today. You (like those people), feel uncomfortable when you have to actually put some effort into listening for the bass.

There are some people who claim to like movies, yet they refuse to put in the effort to read subtitles for a foreign movie. In other words, as you are uncomfortable listening to music without the bass being nice and easy for you to hear, they are uncomfortable watching movies which aren't nice and easy for them to understand (because the language is foreign and they have to read subtitles).
I'm reffering to 'lameness' (another word I probably made up) as a value. It has nothing to do being lazy, low bass is ineffectual, it doesn't move you. Plus, when you have to strain yourself to hear the bass you can't hear the rest of the song that well.

Being too lazy to read subtitles isn't a 'value'. Either the film is in the language you speak or it isn't.

Quote:
Analogy aside, it is quite sad if you judge music by how loud it is. And really, you don't have to strain to hear a bassline in a Beatles song.
I'm not talking about volume. You can play any song as physically loud as you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
Paul McCartney is without a doubt one of the most important bassists of all time, people often overlook that.

He along with other bassists from that time like John Entwistle, John Paul Jones, Chris Squire, Phil Lesh and Jack Bruce were very important in giving bassists a more important role in a rock band, they didn't have to be just the guy in the background, they could play a very significant part in the music.

Also. Wild Honey Pie > anything by Godsmack
Doesn't change the fact that the bass was lower (among other factors), thus more lame.
Oomph! is offline   Reply With Quote