Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2008, 05:06 PM   #1071 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

I think most Beatle haters use their early (62-64) period to set their argument upon. As most fans of popular music know, this was not the most creative time in The Beatles life and they could very well be classed as the the quintessential pop band. However subsequent releases were innovative in terms of studio production, instrument manipulation, compositional structure and even subtle time changes. I like The Beatles and grew up with them. They are not my favourite band by a long chalk but as a relatively knowledgeable music fan, I tip my hat in their direction of shaping the popular musical landscape forever.

There are definitely bands around at that time that were more avant garde or experimental (13th floor elevators, Frank Zappa etc) yet The Beatles turned their back on easy two minute pop tunes and experimented with sound and what music could be within a relatively commercial context.

I respect any fan that does'nt like The Beatles but who appreciates their contribution to music. When someone can constantly say that they are lame without really providing anything that may change my stance on my views, then I can only assume that they know nothing about the complexities of music and that they are only judging music purely on an aural level and not grasping the whole asthetic of what music is.

Oomph, you are a complete arse and I have no trepidation in saying this. Your arguments are hollow and infantile and I cannot take ANY comparison you give between Godsmack and The Beatles and guess what.....I own 2 Godsmack albums!

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote